As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer, you will lead the Geotechnical Task Force on the project, coordinating the Design JV and Construction JV Geotechnical efforts.
- As discipline expert, lead the overall oversight of design joint ventures geotechnical design and constructability challenges fort the project. This includes, but is not limited to: oversight on all geotechnical temporary and permanent works design, quality of engineering solutions and deliverables, and coordination of design throughout design development and construction.
- Define the geotechnical assumptions for the temporary works, providing project engineering expertise, including but not limited to: preparation of design criteria and basis, and performing specialized engineering, analysis and design
- Lead taskforce meetings and perform interdisciplinary peer/constructability review of design deliverables for optimization, compliance with contract documents, and identification and implementation new technologies that provide a unique solutions to complex technical issues
- Bachelors or Masters (preferred) Degree in Geotechnical Engineering or a closely related discipline
- 10+ years of progressive geotechnical engineering experience, possessing a broad knowledge and hands-on experience in design/construction
- Substantial ground improvement experience is strongly preferred. Tunnel experience is considered a plus
- Active Professional Engineer (PE) license (VA preferred)