Business Valuation Financial Analyst / Senior Financial Analyst
Are you looking to join a collaborative team where you can grow your career? Do you value learning opportunities and career development? If so, this may be the role for you! VMG Health is hiring in-office business valuation analysts / senior analysts to support their transaction advisory team on a variety of consulting engagements, a majority of which are associated with mergers and acquisitions in the healthcare industry. The analysts work on financial/data analysis, financial modeling, proforma development, industry/market research, due diligence, deliverable drafting, applying valuation methodologies, and providing general project support.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
For more than 25 years, VMG Health has focused specifically in the healthcare industry to become the leading firm of its kind. Our services span transaction due diligence to coding guidance to physician alignment and cover all healthcare sectors. Our mission is to serve as a trusted advisor to the healthcare industry by providing thought leadership in valuation, strategy, and compliance to healthcare organizations and companies. Due to growth, opportunities for upward mobility and professional advancement are readily available. VMG also encourages and pays for staff to pursue professional designations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Business Administration with course work in Accounting and Finance. Minimum 3.25 out of 4.0 GPA overall or 3.5 GPA in core course work.
- 1 to 2 years work experience as an analyst in a valuation, advisory, consulting, FP&A or relevant healthcare industry role.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial theory.
- Financial modeling experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Particularly strong experience with Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide appropriate customer service, both internally and externally.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Attention to detail and ability to review own work and that of peers and teammates.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Data collection: Request and organize all relevant data necessary for a specified client engagement.
- Due diligence: Investigate and present in a clear manner the nuances of an entity’s historical operations and financial performance.
- Client financial analysis: Develop meaningful insights based on historical financial statements and discussions with management.
- Valuation modeling: Perform various financial analyses, Excel-based modeling, and deliverable preparation.
- Industry research: Gather all levels of information around a particular healthcare segment, new legislation, etc.
- Client deliverables: Draft client presentations and complete valuation processes by drafting narrative reports in support of our valuation opinions.
- Project management: Keep a running schedule of priorities while managing the engagement process for multiple valuations at once.
- Communication: Provide managers and clients with concise yet comprehensive communication (both verbal or written). Be available for all requisite calls and site visits as necessary and determined by supervisors.
- Continuing education: Actively pursue continuing education and certifications such as CFA, American Society of Appraisers, Certified Public Accounting, etc.
- Training: Teach resources and review the work and communication of the first- and second-year analysts on their team or involved in any particular engagement.
BSM Consulting is partnering with its parent company, VMG Health, to recruit this role.