Summary: Miller Maintenance proudly provides maintenance services on Maintenance Contracts for the Ministry of Transportation throughout the province of Ontario. Our leadership in the Ontario road and highway maintenance industry is based on our commitment to continuous improvement through education, innovation, safety, and training.
Thunder Bay Highway Maintenance has immediate openings for Winter Patrollers/Snow Plow Operators. The successful candidate will also be eligible to continue to full time during summer months. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. At our core, we are our people. Following the winter season, we provide all employees equal opportunity to job vacancies.
The Winter Patroller/ Snow Plow Operator will work with the day to day field maintenance operations on all highway infrastructures within the Area Maintenance Contract, including assisting in the patrol for deficiencies throughout the Area Maintenance Contract.
- Perform designated maintenance duties on all highway infrastructures as outlined in the Area Maintenance Contract Performance Measures
- Assist in the Investigation and respond to inquiries from the general public, external agencies, and liaise with Area Supervisor to resolve problems
- Assist with the identification of potential work order opportunities, and deficiencies within the AMC, reporting them to the Supervisor
- Execute the work through the application of recognized human resources policies,
- practices and administrative and safety procedures, and other related corporate guidelines
- Review completed work; ensure appropriate documentation is completed
- Maintain and conduct quality and environmental control measures
- Facilitate a safe and healthy work environment
- Maintain/clean equipment and conduct routine maintenance and minor repairs as required
- When required participate in the winter works operations by filling in for Emergency Response during storm events
- Patrol/operate combination plow units and/or other snow removal equipment during the winter season as per the shift schedule
- Maintain accurate documentation including but not limited to driver log books for any CVOR vehicles on a daily basis
- Follow the weekly on call rotation for emergency situations and calls
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Valid DZ License with clean Driver’s Abstract
- Experience in highway maintenance and emergency response is an asset
- Previous experience in winter works operations, an asset
- Ability to work assigned shifts, and extended hours as winter events require
- Ability to remain flexible with shift schedules, and extended hours (evenings, weekends, nights, and holidays)
- Available to respond to call-ins within thirty minutes
- Mechanical knowledge, ability to perform routine maintenance and minor repairs to equipment
- Understanding of MTO and knowledge of OTM Book 7 traffic control, an asset
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills
- Team player with strong work ethic
- Effective communication (written and verbal)
- Willingness to work and drive in extreme weather conditions
- Willingness to learn and appreciate company values - Safety, Quality, and Integrity so we can continue “Building Greatness”
We will contact candidates selected for an interview. Accommodations are available upon request.