Full Time Packing and Loading Operator
Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 130year old industry leader who is searching for our leaders of tomorrow. We’d love to talk with you about our progressive company and how you could fit into Team Mennel. Give us a call today!
SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to complete the processing, transferring, packing, loading, shipping and receiving of all outbound and inbound materials while maintaining sanitation throughout the location to ensure safety, food safety and sustain an infestation-free facility. This position will sustain the Mission and Motto and Food Safety and Quality Statement of the Mennel Milling Company.
PRIMARY WORK SHIFT: This position works a 12 hour schedule that rotates days of the week, 7PM-7AM. You must be able to work weekends and potentially some holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodation.
• Follow all food and personal safety rules and regulations in respect to GMP’s, OSHA, HACCP, the Global Food Safety Initiative, the US FDA Food Safety Modernization Act as stated in the FS&Q Statement, and sanitation guidelines as set forth by the company as listed in Corporate Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) and attend all required training sessions. Maintain the department/facility in an everyday audit ready condition.
• Ensures that all food safety rules, plant safety rules and GMP’s are being followed.
• Completion of general sanitation tasks including but not limited to; blowing-down, vacuuming, mopping, washing, etc.
• Preventative maintenance and repairs, such as, changeover of packer, inspecting the yard-tractors/fork-lifts, etc.
• Transferring, packing, loading, and unloading of all flour and feed products by utilizing the necessary equipment including the operation of a forklift.
• Loads bulk and bag flour trucks and rail cars.
• Tasked with appropriately completing documentation as necessary
• Responsible for operating forklifts daily.
• Other duties may be assigned.
This position has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Experience in flour milling, food processing or other related manufacturing field is preferred.
• Ability to obtain and maintain forklift certification.
• Previous truck driving experience and a CDL is preferred.
• Ability to pass a Respirator Fit Test and perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job while wearing a respirator.
• Ability to maintain open communication with both internal and external customers.
• Knowledge of and ability to operate Microsoft office software, Internet and Intranet and other computer software to complete essential duties and responsibilities.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, procedures, and plans. Ability to write, complete checklists and other basic documentation and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information or data in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must use solid judgment when making decisions. Must have ability to quickly recognize and plan for changing work duties and events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to perform maintenance tasks, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to conditions that are typical to a fast- paced manufacturing environment, including: moving equipment and machinery, dusty, hot/humid, and cold conditions; employee must be willing to work in all weather conditions, at heights, and in the presence of airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment usually requires the use of hearing protection. Work involves exposure to common wheat allergens.