Full Time BMP Technician
SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to continuously improve the quality of the Fostoria area facilities by regularly maintaining and improving the building structure, support systems, and grounds. This position requires general knowledge and experience in all aspects of building construction, repair and maintenance of buildings and grounds. This position will sustain the Mission and Motto and Food Safety and Quality Statement of the Mennel Milling Company.
PRIMARY WORK SHIFT: Monday through Friday 7AM-3PM. Works overtime as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodation.
• Follow all food and personal safety rules and regulations in respect to GMP’s, OSHA, HACCP, the Global Food Safety Initiative, the US FDA Food Safety Modernization Act as stated in the FS&Q Statement, and sanitation guidelines as set forth by the company as listed in Corporate Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) and attend all required training sessions. Maintain the department/facility in an everyday audit ready condition.
• Executes and completes work assigned by the crew leader to the best of his or her ability.
• Paints and maintains facility floors, walls, ceilings, equipment, and plumbing systems.
• Repairs and maintains plumbing systems, supply and waste, including fixtures.
• Repairs and maintains lockable hardware such as doors and windows.
• Assists in the construction, alteration, preparation, and repair to structures made of wood, plaster, steel, concrete or brick.
• Assists in the installation, repair and maintenance of facility roofing systems to prevent potential failures and to improve reliability.
• Maintains facility grounds by performing lawn mowing, landscaping and snow removal.
• Repairs and maintains various pieces of equipment in accordance with manufacturer's specifications and recommendations, as well as any applicable operation manuals.
• Repair engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, production machines and other equipment as assigned.
• Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements using rules, calipers, micrometers and other measuring instruments.
• Replaces defective parts through the use of effective trouble shooting.
• Start and test all equipment after maintenance is performed to check for proper performance.
• Interacts with customers, supervisors, and engineering staff to improve methods and systems.
• Continuously upgrades skills and knowledge to remain current with the latest technology.
• Applies new skills and technology to increase safety and sanitation of the facilities maintained.
• Other duties may be assigned.
This position has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required;
• A minimum of 3 years of building trades experience is preferred.
• Must exhibit a high aptitude of troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Must have good communication skills in order to effectively work within the BMP crew.
• Must have a strong work ethic.
• Must be able to gain a comprehensive and working knowledge of a customer’s operation and utilities, within a short period of time.
• Must be able to work with computers and various software for use in work order entries.
• Must be able to operate Scissor Lifts, One Man lifts, grounds maintenance equipment, and light to medium duty trucks.
• Must possess a valid State of Ohio driver’s license subject to three-year MVR review.
• Requires ability to execute work as assigned and to follow through to ensure completion of assignments in an efficient and high-quality manner.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, procedures, and plans. Ability to write, complete checklists and other basic documentation and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information or data in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must use solid judgment when making decisions. Must have ability to quickly recognize and plan for changing work duties and events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to perform maintenance tasks, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to conditions that are typical to a fast- paced manufacturing environment, including: moving equipment and machinery, dusty, hot/humid, and cold conditions; employee must be willing to work in all weather conditions, at heights, and in the presence of airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment usually requires the use of hearing protection. Work involves exposure to common wheat allergens.