Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 130 year old industry leader who is searching for our leaders of tomorrow. We’d love to talk with you about our progressive company and how you could fit into Team Mennel. Give us a call today!
Competitive pay and benefits. Must pass substance abuse testing, post-offer physical evaluation and background check. See job description listed below. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SUMMARY: The Plant Manager is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the entire facility, as well as for the production of safe, high-quality, and legal finished products. This position will sustain the food safety policy, mission, purpose and quality statements of the Mennel Milling Company.
PRIMARY WORK SHIFT: Monday through Friday 7AM – 5PM. Will vary, depending on workload.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following - Other duties may be assigned:
- Is ultimately responsible for personnel safety, product quality, food safety, operational performance, environmental, health, and safety compliance, all local, state, and federal standard compliance, and otherwise, the overall performance of the entire plant operations.
- Uses the Corporate Mission, Quality, and Safety Statements as guiding principles in the decision-making process.
- Directs and coordinates plant operations in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe manufacturing facility.
- Responsible for the selection and training of the plant supervisory and administrative staff.
- Sets and builds the overall culture for the facility and exhibits excellent leadership skills.
- Must be a strategic thinker and set a clear vision for the plant and employees. Develops and implements a plan to achieve this vision.
- Establishes clear and measurable expectations for every employee to ensure alignment and accountability.
- Enables team members to complete their jobs to the best of their ability and builds a sense of ownership within his or her team.
- Fosters a culture of continuous improvement within the workforce and facility.
- Communicates well with all levels of the organization, and actively engages others in problem solving.
- Acts as a resource for members of the team.
- Understands the business in which we operate, and knows how the inputs and outputs affect the end results.
- Manages and develops members of his/her supervisory staff, including setting realistic, yet stretch, goals with each member that directly promotes the overall objectives of the plant.
- In addition to the above duties, the Plant Manager also has ultimate responsibility for grain quality, document control, and the HACCP team within the plant and specifically, is the designated back-up to the key plant personnel whose job functions include these areas of responsibility.
Responsible for the supervision and management of all employees at the facility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum of a 4-year college degree in Milling Science or related food manufacturing or operations field preferred
- 6-10 years of progressive supervisory experience in the flour milling industry, or in another food manufacturing field is preferred.
- Must possess excellent leadership skills.
- Must have excellent critical thinking skills.
- Must exercise solid common sense and sound judgment when making decisions.
- Excellent technical writing, speaking, and presentation skills
- Must have solid communication skills and be able to interact and productively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Must possess the ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities.
- Must have a “can-do” attitude, have a passion for operational excellence, take ownership of the entire plant operations, and be willing driver of results.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, procedures, and plans. Ability to write reports, complete checklists and other basic documentation and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information or data in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must use solid judgment when making decisions. Must have ability to quickly recognize and plan for changing work duties and events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to perform maintenance tasks, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to conditions that are typical to a fast- paced manufacturing environment, including: moving equipment and machinery, dusty, hot/humid, and cold conditions; employee must be willing to work in all weather conditions, at heights, in precarious places; in the presence of airborne particles, and with the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment usually requires the use of hearing protection.