Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 130 year old industry leader who is searching for our leaders of tomorrow. We’d love to talk with you about our progressive company and how you could fit into Team Mennel. Give us a call today!
Competitive pay and benefits. Must pass substance abuse testing, post-offer physical evaluation and background check. See job description listed below. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to design and maintain customer RPG programs in a multi-AS400 environment. This position will sustain the Mission and Motto and Food Safety and Quality Statement of the Mennel Milling Company.
PRIMARY WORK SHIFT: Monday - Friday, 8AM - 5PM. Works shift as assigned and overtime as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodation.
- Follow all food and personal safety rules and regulations in respect to GMP’s, OSHA, HACCP, the Global Food Safety Initiative, the US FDA Food Safety Modernization Act as stated in the FS&Q Statement, and sanitation guidelines as set forth by the company as listed in Corporate Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) and attend all required training sessions. Maintain the department/facility in an everyday audit ready condition.
- Modify and provide support for existing custom and 3rd party applications on the AS400 platform or interface with AS400 applications.
- Help design, code, and test new and existing applications.
- Creates and maintains applications in a development environment and deploy to one or more production environments.
- Works with users to troubleshoot problems with and research inquiries for AS400 applications.
- Serves as a technical resource to various problem-solving groups within the facilities serviced.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This position has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required; an Associate or Technical Diploma or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Ability to code in all versions of (CL, RPG, DDS, MEN, CMD, DB2: SQL).
- Knowledge within batch and interactive environments.
- Knowledge of JAVA, .Net, and Web programming preferred.
- Knowledge of Rational Developer, ACOM, IMS, LANSA, EDI desired.
- Must have solid interpersonal skills with the ability to listen well, and work in a team environment with a positive attitude.
- Must have analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, procedures, and plans. Ability to write, complete checklists and other basic documentation and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information or data in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must use solid judgment when making decisions. Must have ability to quickly recognize and plan for changing work duties and events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to perform maintenance tasks, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to conditions that are typical to an office environment