Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 130 year old industry leader who is searching for our leaders of tomorrow. We’d love to talk with you about our progressive company and how you could fit into Team Mennel. Give us a call today!
Competitive pay and benefits. Must pass substance abuse testing, post-offer physical evaluation and background check. See job description listed below. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to provide maintenance support to the facility through maintaining and improving the on-going reliability of the plant equipment, machinery, and processing systems. This position will sustain the Mission and Motto and Food Safety and Quality Statement of the Mennel Milling Company.
PRIMARY WORK SHIFT: Monday through Friday 3PM - 11PM. Will vary, depending on workload.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodation.
- Follow all plant rules, safety rules and procedures during daily work and assure the safety of others.
- Responsible for ensuring that any work completed is done in a safe and clean manner and that all food safety, personal hygiene, and housekeeping standards are met.
- Applies new skills and technology to increase capacity and reliability of the facility.
- Maintains all plant equipment by troubleshooting and repairing mechanical or electrical problems in the most efficient manner with a focus on improving long-term reliability of the equipment.
- Quickly and accurately perform preventive and predictive maintenance noting any changes in equipment since last service and reporting those changes to the Maintenance Manager and documenting all observations in detail using CMMS software.
- Coordinates the starting and testing of all equipment after maintenance is performed to check for proper performance.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements, replaces defective parts and lubricates all equipment using manufacturer’s guidelines for preventive maintenance.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This position has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
- An Associates Degree or credit hour equivalency.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of maintenance experience in flour milling, food processing or other related manufacturing field preferred.
- Ability to pass a Respirator Fit Test and perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job while wearing a respirator.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and organize tasks and follow through to ensure completion of assignments in an efficient and high-quality manner.
- Must exhibit a high aptitude of troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Well skilled with personal computers and software for use in troubleshooting and work order entries.
- Ability to maintain open communication with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of PLC’s and be able to read and interpret ladder logic, and other electrical schematics, including blueprints.
- Multi-skilled ability to perform basic mechanical tasks. Ability to operate calipers, micrometers and other measuring instruments, hand tools, hoists, cranes, power tools, manual milling machine, drill press, hydraulic press, band saw, cut off saw, threader, mig, tig, and stick welders, plasma cutter, torches, grinding wheel, sander, roller, break, and a myriad of hand operated manual and power tools.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, procedures, and plans. Ability to write, complete checklists and other basic documentation and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information or data in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must use solid judgment when making decisions. Must have ability to quickly recognize and plan for changing work duties and events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to perform maintenance tasks, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to conditions that are typical to a fast- paced manufacturing environment, including: moving equipment and machinery, dusty, hot/humid, and cold conditions; employee must be willing to work in all weather conditions, at heights, and in the presence of airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment usually requires the use of hearing protection. Work involves exposure to common wheat allergens.