Full Time Elevator Operator
Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 135 year old industry leader who is searching for our leaders of tomorrow. We’d love to talk with you about our progressive company and how you could fit into Team Mennel. Give us a call today!Competitive pay and benefits. Must pass substance abuse testing, post-offer physical evaluation and background check. See job description listed below. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to operate the grain elevator to receive, store, condition, dry, transfer, and load out grain. This position will sustain the Mission and Motto and Food Safety and Quality Statement of the Mennel Milling Company.
PRIMARY WORK SHIFT: Monday through Friday 8AM – 4:30PM Will vary, depending on workload.
PAY RANGE: $13.50-$15
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodation.
• Follow all food and personal safety rules and regulations in respect to GMP’s, OSHA, HACCP, the Global Food Safety Initiative, the US FDA Food Safety Modernization Act as stated in the FS&Q Statement, and sanitation guidelines as set forth by the company as listed in Corporate Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) and attend all required training sessions. Maintain the department/facility in an everyday audit ready condition.
• Operates grain handling equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
• Grade and inspect grain, corn, wheat and soybeans.
• Work safely with and around rail cars and/or grain trucks, semi-tractor trailers, and/or barges and other grain hauling vehicles.
• Sanitation of the grain bins and loading station.
• Maintenance activities as required to perform routine and emergency maintenance to equipment.
• Other duties may be assigned.
This position has no supervisory duties
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Basic understanding of hand tools and the ability to manipulate them for work .
• Ability to climb ladders, both fixed and portable.
• Ability to pass a Qualitative Respirator Fit Test and perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job while wearing a respirator.
• Ability to work at heights more than 180 ft.
• Ability to perform work in confined spaces
• Ability to perform work wearing PPE such as hardhats, safety glasses, fall protection, safety shoes, etc.
• Ability to perform work in an industrial environment.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, procedures, and plans. Ability to write, complete checklists and other basic documentation and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information or data in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must use solid judgment when making decisions. Must have ability to quickly recognize and plan for changing work duties and events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to perform maintenance tasks, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to conditions that are typical to a fast- paced manufacturing environment, including: moving equipment and machinery, dusty, hot/humid, and cold conditions; employee must be willing to work in all weather conditions, at heights, and in the presence of airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment usually requires the use of hearing protection. Work involves exposure to common wheat allergens.