**Candidate may be able to be located anywhere in the United States, as significant travel is required, up to 100%. Potential for some international travel depending on project.
**Maine Pointe is unable to sponsor any candidates at this time. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States through U.S. Citizenship, Green card or Permanent Resident authorization.
We are currently in search of Procurement Consultants and Subject Matter Experts with expertise is sourcing all types of packaging. We have needs in a wide variety of industries that require packaging experience with (corrugated, films, polys, etc.).
· Timely creation of detailed studies and work stream plans; Execution of plan to meet deliverables, savings targets, and milestones.
· Engage clients to develop tools and processes transfer knowledge to transform strategic procurement capabilities.
· Develop category strategies to achieve proposed results; this may include food and commodity market analysis, supplier analysis, total cost of ownership (TCO) analysis, and should-cost analysis.
· Major spend categories will include: all packaging spend, poly, resins, fibers, corrugated, etc.
· Support the execution of strategy by qualifying supplier participants, gathering detailed customer needs and executing the RFx process.
· Understand and analyze existing client procurement spend, processes, strategies, and results.
· Establish and build an effective working relationship with key client stakeholders. Be a trusted advisor to the client.
· Identify and escalate add-on sales opportunities.
· Bachelor’s degree in management, supply chain, engineering, operations management, business or relevant field. Advanced degree preferred.
· Minimum 10 years of procurement strategy, purchasing, strategic sourcing, or supplier relationship management experience in the packaging industry- including experience with traditional purchasing processes with a combination of top-tier consulting firm and in-house/industry experience with a proven record of rapid career progression
· Experience with leading and driving complex operation transformation engagements in a customer environment where change management was critical to success.
· Strategic sourcing approaches and methodologies
· Ability to develop, sustain and proactively manage value-added customer relationships
· Capability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to solve complex business issues
· Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to changing customers and multi-task multiple assignments on one engagement
· Demonstrated negotiation, change management and influence skills
· Proven initiative, drive and focus on details
· Ability to effectively manage change
· Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Outstanding written and oral communications, facilitation, and presentation skills. Proven ability to communicate positively, directly and with impact to all levels.
· Detailed oriented problem solver with a proven ability to recognize a problem and implement corrective action when needed.