**Candidate may be able to be located anywhere in the United States, as significant travel is required, up to 100%. Potential for some international travel depending on project.
**Maine Pointe is unable to sponsor any candidates at this time. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States through U.S. Citizenship, Green card or Permanent Resident authorization.
The Logistics Consultant will effectively team with clients to transform the way they manage their supply chain. This individual will analyze and advise clients how to enhance and develop cost effective solutions for the coordination, distribution, transportation and warehousing of goods. This individual will identify and implement improved logistics processes, recognize and analyze issues, and work to provide appropriate resolutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction and improved business outcomes.
- Recommend accurate and creative solutions to customer problems or concerns.
- Conduct impact analysis of recommended changes.
- Assist in preparation of strategy to achieve proposed recommendations.
- Follow the project plan and work to ensure timely meeting of milestones and delivery outcome.
- Build long-term, valuable relationships with key customers.
- Support the team leader in recording and reporting status and participate in weekly status meetings.
- Proactively notify team leader of follow-up provided and solutions delivered for situations requiring their attention.
- Escalate issues according to procedural guidelines.
- Ensure that all internal and external interactions are carried out ethically and with a high regard for customer service.
- Help clients develop the tools, processes and knowledge base needed to create customer value, build competitive advantage, and boost profitability on a global basis.
- Research, resolve, and respond to customer questions and inquiries.
- Ensure knowledge transfer to client personnel through active support and follow up.
- Understand and analyze each client’s existing logistics processes and strategies.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction and improved supply chain performance.
- Facilitate RFXs and manage the process.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 5-8 years of work experience required.
- Two to five years of consulting experience delivering measurable results preferred.
- At least two years of supply chain experience strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with transportation, warehousing or inventory management preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree -Focus on supply chain, engineering, operations management, business a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to develop, sustain and proactively manage value-added customer relationships.
- Capability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to solve complex business issues.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to changing customers and multi-task multiple projects.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation, change management and influence skills.
- Proven initiative, drive and focus on details.
- Ability to effectively manage change.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 80% with some international travel.
- Familiarity with various supply chain methodologies and disciplines
- Knowledge of logistics systems and process.