Contract to Hire Senior Business Analyst
As a vital member of the Sales Business Solutions team, the Senior Sales Business Analyst assumes a central role encompassing several critical responsibilities. These include conducting stakeholder interviews to uncover and document business requirements, analyzing and translating business needs into streamlined solution designs and workflows, crafting comprehensive user stories, collaborating with subject matter experts (SMEs) and vendors to refine these solutions, overseeing user acceptance testing, managing implementation, providing end-user training, facilitating communication, and overseeing rollout activities, all while offering immediate ongoing support. Collaboration within a cross-departmental team is essential for the success of this Senior Business Analyst.
This team member excels in analyzing and synthesizing information from multiple business stakeholders and fellow analysts to design and deliver comprehensive end-to-end solutions and business processes. Additionally, they play a key role in establishing and executing operational processes and training programs. The Senior Business Analyst provides detailed input to the assigned project or product owner manager, assisting with tasks and deliverables, and formulating a strategy and plan to align with project requirements. Their responsibilities span meeting the business's needs, ensuring the delivery of effective solutions (through collaboration with vendors and internal departments), and upholding solution quality. Furthermore, this individual communicates confidently, fosters trust-building relationships, shares information transparently, and isn't afraid to question assumptions.
The Senior Business Analyst takes ownership of the overarching business functional solution for the product or project, employing critical thinking to connect project or platform components and drive end-to-end solutions in collaboration with business SMEs, vendors, and IT
• Core team member of the Sales Business Solutions team responsible for producing open communication paths between organizational units, playing a vital role in aligning the needs of business units with the capabilities being designed and delivered, and serve as a "translator" between all groups. · Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key external and internal customers.
• Analyze and synthesize information provided by a large number of business stakeholders, as well as internal and external users and internal associates (i.e.: IT/ UW/ Enrollment/ Marketing/ Legal/ Sales/ Account Service/Member Service professionals) to help design and deliver the end solution and end to end business processes and be able to make short term and long term recommendations.
• Identify organizational issues (requirement of a new project or a change in an existing one) to formulate and facilitate the path to the end solution that greatly reduce manual efforts or provide increased customer value.
• Elicit the actual needs of stakeholders, not simply their expressed desires and analyze the business objectives of the stakeholder(s) to be able to develop solutions to the business issues. Gather and evaluate information harvested through interviews, surveys, workshops, task analysis, and business process documentation.
• Facilitate and/or participates in cross functional workgroups, as needed, to ensure project deliverables are met; assist with the identification and mitigation of project issues and risks; and understand how data affect sales application and workflow and conversely how sales application and workflow changes impact data.
• Drive and create processes of the business both in “To Be” and “As Is” formats to understand business requirements and translate them into specific software requirements, business process flows and recommendations to drive business value.
• Effectively communicate with constituents and leaders to deliver technical solutions, user interfaces, screen designs, process changes, business flows and user impacts to everyday tasks of the stakeholders.
• Partner with Project Manager to manage work to ensure priorities are aligned to the business needs, project roadmap, deliverables, and milestones. Develop key metrics to report progress to PM and project team.
• Own, manage and participate in user acceptance testing. Identify testing needs, resource needs and create and manage testing timelines while identifying issues, risks, and mitigation plans.
• Prep and deliver end user training, create jobs aids, training material and implementation plans, as well as provide on-going tier 2 level production support.
• Prep and help deliver a communications plan based on the platform and line of business and the needs.
• Provide consultative support for new product and technology initiatives and ensure critical sales systems are enhanced to address our changing business needs.
• Work closely with the assigned cross departmental teams to create business analysis project plan tasks and ensure tasks and deliverables met. Represent the interests of the Sales Division on corporate business plan initiatives, product and relationship management, and other cross functional/ departmental projects.
• Lead the development and implementation of a variety of cross functional projects designed to increase efficiency, reduce costs and increase account, member, and broker satisfaction, as well as internal workflow efficiencies.
• Represent Sales Division on cross function committees and work groups and accountable for engaging sales and account service leadership as needed while determining the impact of the committee’s work on the varied areas of the sales division.
Qualifications: (Knowledge, skills and abilities):
• Requires a proven successful work history using Agile methodologies.
• Must be an initiative-taker and very pro-active, curious, and a problem solver.
• Must be proficient in Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Jira.
• Must be able to create and deliver training to end users
• Requires demonstrated success in working in and managing the business analysis and testing efforts of multi-faceted projects focused on the achievement of external and internal customer requirements.
• Must be able to brainstorm and form effective solutions to business problems through years of BA training and on the job knowledge as a BA.
• Must have extremely strong analysis skills, business intelligence, and have skill to gain a full understanding of the needs of the customer, becoming a subject matter expert.
• Business data analysis skills to be able to ensure that system design aligns with business requirements.
• Must have the ability to understand the impact of data changes on applications and workflows to develop future viable solutions and suggestions.
• Must embody a “hands-on” approach
• Must be proficient in building workflows, workflow analysis, determining system implications, risk identification and management, training, and implementation
• Must have strong leadership skills, a high level of initiative & creativity and be results oriented.
• Must be able to drive decisions, facilitate meetings and manage expectations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to communicate effectively with all audiences, including senior management.
• Must have the ability to multi-task, be professional and promote a positive team spirit.
• Must have the ability to take calculated actions in complex or ambiguous situations to set a direction or resolve issues.
• BS/BA degree required
• Health insurance experience greatly preferred
• 7-10 years proven Business Analysis experience with progressive responsibilities in solution development and implementation.
• Proven success and experience on complex cross-functional projects and teams.
• Proven experience leading business analysis tasks on small and complex project and a solid understanding of the software development lifecycle.
• Experience managing and influencing business process redesign efforts.
• Strong knowledge of Business Analyst best practices and tools.