Telecoms Field Engineer
We’re looking for a Telecoms Field Engineer to deliver our bespoke cloud based phone system to our customers. You will provide guidance and overcome obstacles to train our customers on how to use our products.
You will provide in depth testing and delivery of our solutions and work to troubleshoot issues quickly and effectively all whilst providing a high quality customer experience.
You’ll be working face-to-face with customers so communicating clearly with a high level of energy and enthusiasm will be needed to keep up with our face paced environment.
You’ll need to explain information clearly and patiently to customers in a professional manner and due to the nature of the job you’ll travel daily across the UK so you need a current UK driving licence.
Qualifications / Skills Required
- 3+ years’ experience in deploying communication systems
- Experience in a customer focused role deploying UC cloud based solutions.
- Experience of configuring and supporting VoIP systems, Routers, Switches, Troubleshooting LAN/VoIP systems.
- Working knowledge of Telephony, SIP and UC technology.
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to manage key internal and external relationships.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Provide guidance on hosted voice configurations and end-points.
- Provide detailed end user training on a suite of cloud based products.
- Engage with customers onsite and remotely for project kick off meetings, design and delivery sessions.
- Complete configuration, implementation and testing of 8x8 services.
- Provide advice to our customers on the configuration of IP networks to best facilitate VoIP.
- Troubleshoot faults in a timely manner, liaising with relevant 8x8 teams and providing excellent customer communication.
- Guide the customer on network topologies (TCP/IP, VLANs, CDP, LLDP, DNS), firewall and switch configuration.
Apply today and on top of great training you could enjoy:
- £30,000 basic salary, DOE + Overtime of up to £5,000 per annum
- Company vehicle / Fuel card / £10 weekly coffee card
- Companywide incentives including free lunches, £500 vouchers and more.
- Working for the 1st placed company in The Sunday Times Best Company to Work For. We were voted top for leadership, wellbeing, fair deal, giving something back and the connection staff have with the company.
If you want to love your job and the people you work with apply today. You’ll not find anywhere else like it.
4Com plc is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and 4Com plc will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted on the basis of merit, abilities and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.