Help us shape the future of telecoms as a release engineer
We’re looking for a Release engineer to manage the release cycle across our different products including our HiHi phone and other platforms.
Why join us?
We know that the key to our success is the people we work with, which is why we’ve put together a home working focussed benefits package that’s amongst the best in the industry. The benefits that make us stand out are:
- Salary up to £30,000.
- A generous 30 Days holiday (38 incl bank holidays).
- Flexible working (core hours 10:00/3:00) to support your work/life balance.
- The opportunity for Homeworking.
- Mental Health and Wellbeing support.
- An annual training budget of £4000 so you can invest in your future. Anything from subscriptions to Pluralsight, periodicals, through to attendance at international conferences.
- Time for Innovation where you can work on whatever you want, with whomever you want, so long as the work reflects the mission of the company and you can demo your work to others.
- A high spec smartphone and laptop.
- Home office budget - you can use up to £500 of your training budget to put towards improving your home office working environment.
- A Swag Bag when you start full of 4Com & HiHi goodies.
- Private medical for you and your family after 1-year service.
- Costa Coffee subscription of £40 per month to keep you fuelled and provide a great opportunity to get up from your desks.
- Frequent Department wide offsite events to get everyone together, share experiences and meet the team.
- Monthly Quizzes and Prize draws with decent prizes up for grabs.
- Opportunities to get involved in local events supporting your local digital community.
- Pension, death in service, cycle to work and an active culture supporting charity work.
What would I be doing?
- Manage different releases
- Manage internal releases – get feedback from users.
- Manage external releases – follow up the release and communicate to Support and Quality for any issues.
- Create release plans.
- Basic tests to new versions.
- CAB meetings.
- Create and update documentation in Confluence.
- Check data and run reports – Oracle, PowerBI, Dynamics, Broadsoft, Bugfender.
- Create new reports with BI - PowerBI.
- Create and improve business processes.
- The monitoring and reporting of the UC estate.
- Produce release reports.
- Good communication skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Power BI (desirable).
- Exposure to Atlassian products, Confluence, Jira etc.
- Understanding of project management methodologies, Agile and Scrum and advantage.
- ITIL foundation would be an advantage.
- Experience in Capacity reporting and planning an advantage.
4Com is a market leader in telecommunications, supplying phone systems to UK businesses for over 20 years. We are cutting-edge innovators, with the development of a globally unique handset, HiHi.
We are a creative, aspirational team working together to supply telephone systems bespoke to each business with a service tailored to their needs.
We encourage a positive, can-do spirit balanced with operational focus and competitive drive to be the best we can be. Our customers and our employees are our priority and we are ever aware of the importance that to succeed, our team need to feel motivated and happy.
When seeking new team members, we look for open, honest, caring and focused individuals who are keen to join a fast-paced business and contribute to its continued success.
4Com Technologies are based in the centre of Bournemouth. We are within walking distance from Bournemouth train station, bus stops and we offer a free park and ride based in Boscombe with regular shuttles to and from the office (ave. journey time is approx. 5 minutes). If you prefer to walk, jog or cycle to work we have undercover bike shelters and showers.
4Com Technologies are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and 4Com Technologies will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted on the basis of merit, abilities and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.