Help us shape the future of telecoms as a Scrum Master.
4com are looking for an experienced Scrum Master to join their Internal Development and Business Intelligence team. This person would be working alongside three Agile teams acting as a servant leader and coach. They will help educate the team in Agile methodologies, ensuring that the agreed Agile processes are being followed. They will help to remove blockages and nurture an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous flow, and continuous improvement.
Why Join us?
We know that the key to our success is the people we work with, which is why we’ve put together a benefits package that’s amongst the best in the industry for Test Analysts, the benefits that make us stand out are:
- An annual training budget of £4,000
- Salary of £50,000 - £60,000
- 30 Days holiday from day 1 (38 incl bank holidays)
- High spec laptop and mobile phone (iPhone/Google/Samsung etc.)
- Weekly free team lunch on a Friday
We are a fast-growing tech company and it’s a great bunch of people to work with. The culture is supportive, relaxed and high-trust. We have great new offices in central Bournemouth, casual dress, a fully stocked fridge with food and drink and host events for the Bournemouth digital community.
What would I be doing as a Scrum Master?
- Demonstrate behaviours of a Lean-Agile Mindset and Leadership, help the team embrace Agile Core Values, and adopt and apply Agile Principles.
- Build high-performing teams by focusing on improving team dynamics and performance.
- Help the team to establish the team rules, support and reinforce them
- Lead the team in continuous improvement by helping them improve and take responsibility for their actions, facilitating retrospectives, and teaching problem-solving techniques to enable them become better problem-solvers.
- Support the Product Owners in managing the backlog and guiding the team to respect priorities and scope, taking an iterative/MVP approach.
- Facilitate the team’s progress toward daily and Sprint goals by continuously challenging the old norms of development to improve team's performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow, and velocity.
- Eliminate blockages by addressing issues beyond the team's authority or requiring support from other teams so the team can remain focused on achieving the objectives of the Sprint.
- Facilitate all team meetings, including the Daily Stand-up, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Support estimating by guiding the team in establishing normalised estimates and helping the team understand how to estimate Features and User Stories.
- Help the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth, and escalate to management where necessary.
And what do i need?
- Ability to demonstrate an active interest in Agile, the Agile community, and ongoing development.
- Experience of applying different methodologies, such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean and SAFe.
- Proven delivery experience within an environment with significant volume of change and senior stakeholder requests.
- Excellent understanding of iterative development, incremental delivery and software development processes and life cycle.
- Proven ability to manage multiple deliveries and teams simultaneously.
- Proven ability to lead and coach.
- Highly customer-focused approach.
4com have recently moved to a new office in the centre of Bournemouth. We are within walking distance from Bournemouth train station, bus stops and we offer a free park and ride based in Boscombe with regular shuttles to and from the office (ave. journey time is approx. 5 minutes). If you prefer to walk, jog or cycle to work we have undercover bike shelters and showers.
4Com technologies is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and 4Com technologies will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted on the basis of merit, abilities and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.