4Com aims to be on the front foot when it comes to providing thought leadership, data analysis, forecasting and driving business performance. We’re looking for a Data Analyst to join our Business Intelligence team. You will be responsible for the creation, maintenance and interpretation of reporting, modelling and analytical BI content using sales data obtained from multiple data sources.
What will you be doing?
- Consulting with key sales stakeholders and colleagues to understand requirements, assess value, and develop BI content in accordance with agreed processes and toolsets.
- Confidently interpreting and analysing BI sales content in order to guide stakeholders towards actionable insight.
- Consolidating multiple data silos / raw data into valuable insights to help drive growth.
- Applying technical skills to obtain, prepare and shape data.
- Developing meaningful, efficient and engaging BI content using data visualisation tools.
- Clearly communicating the limitations of reporting data implicit within the business (significance, validity, volume) and clearly communicating the implication it may have, and alternative approaches that could be used.
- Applying analytical rigour when developing BI content and communicating insights, trends and conclusions to the business to support business decision making.
- Working with third parties to ensure efficient data acquisition and a steady flow of enriched data into the telemarketing function.
- Effectively organising and managing individual workload whilst working within 4com’s development framework.
What skills / experience do you need?
- Strong experience in BI, MI or data analysis environments, ideally with a B2B sales focus.
- Experience of extracting and manipulating data on SQL Server from multiple silos.
- Strong experience with Excel or data visualisation tools (Tableau, Qlik, Power BI) to analyse, visualise and find insight from large datasets.
- Technical familiarity with ETL and Datamart processes, structure and approaches is desirable but not essential.
- Familiarity with software development environments and approaches (such as Agile) is desirable but not essential.
- Confident written, verbal and numeracy skills.
- Organised, objective and strategic approach to workload management, scheduling and prioritisation.
Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Salary of £35,000 to £50,000
- On the job training
- Casual dress
- Companywide incentives including free lunches, £500 vouchers and more
- Team social and charity events outside of work
- Working for the winners of The 2017 Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For. We were voted top for leadership, wellbeing, fair deal, giving something back and the connection staff have with the company
4com have recently moved to a new office in the centre of Bournemouth. We are within walking distance from Bournemouth train station, bus stops and we offer a free park and ride based in Boscombe with regular shuttles to and from the office (ave. journey time is approx. 5 minutes). If you prefer to walk, jog or cycle to work we have undercover bike shelters and showers.
Please send us an email to [email protected] or use the live chat facility.
4Com plc is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and 4Com plc will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted on the basis of merit, abilities and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.