Business Intelligence Analyst
4Com aims to be on the front foot when it comes to providing thought leadership, data analysis, forecasting and driving business performance. We’re rapidly growing this area of the business with the aim of having a market leading BI function.
What will you be doing?
- Consulting with key stakeholders and colleagues to understand requirements, assess value, and develop BI content in accordance with agreed processes and toolsets.
- Confidently interpreting and analysing BI content in order to guide stakeholders towards actionable insight.
- Consolidating multiple data silos / raw data into valuable insights to help drive growth.
- Applying technical skills to obtain, prepare and shape data.
- Developing meaningful, efficient and engaging BI content using data visualisation tools.
- Clearly communicating the limitations of reporting data implicit within the business (significance, validity, volume) and clearly communicating the implication it may have, and alternative approaches that could be used.
- Applying analytical rigour when developing BI content and communicating insights, trends and conclusions to the business to support business decision making.
What skills / experience do you need?
- Strong experience in BI, MI or data analysis environments
- Experience of extracting and manipulating data on SQL Server from multiple silos.
- Strong experience with Excel or data visualisation tools e.g. Power BI to analyse, visualise and find insight from large datasets.
- Technical familiarity with ETL and Datamart processes, structure and approaches is desirable but not essential.
Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Salary of £35,000 to £50,000
- 24 days holiday + Bank Hols
- Training – We recognise the industry is moving fast which is why we will work with you on an individual basis to create a bespoke training plan to ensure you’re skills and interest areas are kept up to date.
- An adult working environment including flexible hours, casual dress, collaboration and a flat structure.
- Companywide incentives including free lunches, £500 vouchers and more
- Team social and charity events outside of work
- Working for the winners of The 2017 Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For. We were voted top for leadership, wellbeing, fair deal, giving something back and the connection staff have with the company.
4com have recently moved to a new office in the centre of Bournemouth. We are within walking distance from Bournemouth train station, bus stops and we offer a free park and ride based in Boscombe with regular shuttles to and from the office (ave. journey time is approx. 5 minutes). If you prefer to walk, jog or cycle to work we have undercover bike shelters and showers.
Please send us an email to [email protected] or use the live chat facility.
4Com plc is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and 4Com plc will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted on the basis of merit, abilities and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.